ABOUT THE ACADEMY FOR COUPLES THERAPISTS ONLINE TRAINING:
By becoming a subscriber each month, you can:
- Have access to the audio of a full couples session.
- Participate in a 90-minute, live Q & A video conference where I will answer your questions about the session you heard. This session is recorded if you cannot attend live.
- Hear a monthly lesson about one therapy framework, plus practical tools, derived from that framework that you can implement right away. When it comes to working with couples, one size does not fit all.
- Access a community of like-minded couples therapists on the journey to become more confident, and share tips, personal struggles, and professional wins.
12 Recorded Lessons
12 recorded sessions
Zoom meetings live
12 recorded live sessions
I’ve been working with couples my entire professional career in the Chicago area. After decades of helping couples in distress, I have acquired a reputation as someone who can deal with complex situations.
For over 18 years as a professor of the Couples and Family Counseling program at Northeastern Illinois University, also in Chicago, I trained and supervised master’s level students who went on to become couples therapists themselves.
The Academy for Couples Therapists training is for you if:
- You sometimes hope that some of your couples won't show up
- You feel overwhelmed when couples fight during sessions
- You find yourself losing empathy for one of the partners
- Your clinical self-confidence flounders
- You've learned about one model, but are finding it doesn't fit every client
- You know you need more training, but you're not sure which way to turn
When you consider the cost of a professional consultation, the monthly content you'll receive with the Academy, in addition to two opportunities each month for live group consultation with Sara, the value can't be beat! There is nothing like this in our field.
Sara’s academy has been a valuable forum for deepening my work with couples. I benefit from her vast experience, as she shares tips, interventions, resources, perspective, and even monthly recordings of her own sessions with clients. Her expertise and mentorship are such a gift!
The rate is just $99.00 per month. Or make one annual payment of $891.00, equal to $74.25 per month—much less than the price of one professional consultation session—for a savings of $297.00.
So, if you pay for the entire year upfront, you'll save three months. You will be charged monthly, unless you choose to pay for the full year up front.
If you’re not satisfied for any reason, I guarantee a full refund within the first 30 days, no questions asked. And you can cancel a monthly subscription any time.
Monthly Payment Plan
Full Annual PaymentThree Month Discount
See below the latest blog on the Academy site:
If you work with couples, I’m sure you’ve experienced this; You wish that a couple you are working with didn’t come back for treatment or didn’t show up for a session. You know which couples I am talking about. They don’t do their homework. They cancel at the last...
This was a bad week. About half of the couples I am seeing, are going through a severe crisis. And that has an effect on my clinical self-esteem: I feel incompetent. Here is a sample of my self-talk after a session with certain couples in crisis this week: “I should...
In what ways is a romantic relationship like a business? A relationship is a fragile emotional bond. Things can go wrong at any time, and wreck the bond for good. But in addition to an emotional bond, a long term committed relationship is also a business-like bond....
What you'll get from this couples therapy training program:
- You will hear me in actual, full sessions—not just short clips—and then you’ll have opportunities to ask me why I made the choices I did at each turn during the monthly recorded Zoom call.
- You will learn what to say, what to do and when.
- You’ll make informed decisions about which frameworks best suit you and are worthy of your investment of time and money for additional training.
- You'll have access to the couples therapist toolbox. You will join a supportive community of therapists.
- You will feel more competent, and learn to tolerate the occasional feelings of incompetence even seasoned therapists experience.
- You will no longer be afraid of working with difficult couples.
Subscribe to the Academy!
Advanced couples therapy training at an affordable rate.
An integrative approach.
When it comes to working with couples, one size does not fit all.
If you have ANY questions, feel free to contact Sara Schwarzbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.