By becoming a subscriber and each month you will:
Have access to the audio of a full couples session.
Participate in a 90-minute, live Q & A video conference where I will answer your questions about the session you heard. This session is recorded if you cannot attend live.
Hear a monthly lesson about one therapy framework, plus practical tools, derived from that framework that you can implement right away. You’ll get one framework a month.
The registration is now open for just $99.00 per month.
You can make one annual payment of $891.00, equal to $74.25 per month—much less than the price of one professional consultation session—for a savings of $297.00.
This is like getting three months free.
Monthly Payment Plan
Full Annual Payment
Working with couples is hard. If you’ve been at it for a while and still feel like an impostor or incompetent (and too embarrassed to share that with your colleagues), this training is for you.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or have years of experience, you know that couples therapy is very difficult. You probably feel like you need more training, but there are so many options, and they are so expensive and time-consuming, it’s hard to know what to invest in.
Many of the therapists I’ve helped wanted to simply stop working with couples, or even considered leaving the profession altogether. Most were unclear about what role they should play in sessions with couples, and how it differs from working with individuals.
What you'll get from this couples therapy training program:
✓ You will learn from my successes and mistakes.
✓ You will hear me in actual, full sessions—not just short clips—and then you’ll have opportunities to ask me why I made the choices I did at each turn during the monthly recorded Zoom call.
✓ You will learn what to say, what to do and when.
✓ You’ll make informed decisions about which frameworks best suit you and are worthy of your investment of time and money for additional training.
✓ You'll have access to the couples therapist toolbox.
✓ You will join a supportive community of therapists. You will feel more competent, and learn to tolerate the occasional feelings of incompetence even seasoned therapists experience. You will no longer be afraid of working with difficult couples.
If you are an Illinois mental health professional, you can receive up to 18 CE’s for completing the 12 Modules.
You’ll have access to tools to help you get better at doing this difficult work.
You’ll hear me doing real sessions with real clients. So, you’ll hear me at my best, but also when I hesitate, stumble, or could have done better.
You’ll have a safe place to share your vulnerabilities and areas for growth during.
You will be guided by me, Dr. Sara Schwarzbaum. I’m a couples therapist in Chicago. I have spent decades teaching master’s students, supervising and consulting with professional therapists, and, of course, counseling thousands of couples myself.
Hi! I’m Dr. Sara Schwarzbaum
- I am the founder of Couples Counseling Associates, a private practice specializing in relationship counseling services in the Chicago area where I work exclusively with couples.
- I run several online and in-person supervision groups focused on couples cases only for therapists who want to improve their work with couples.
- I have trained as a marriage and family therapist with leaders in the field and have continued this work for over 25 years.
- I studied clinical psychology and marriage and family therapy in Buenos Aires, prior to emigrating to the U.S. in 1982 where I obtained a doctoral degree in 1995.
- As a Professor at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago for over 18 years, I was the Coordinator of the Master’s Program in Couple and Family Counseling where I created the couples counseling courses that are currently taught in the program.
- I speak about couples therapy at conferences and professional organizations throughout the US.
- I write about couples therapy for many publications, including The Psychotherapy Networker, The Family Therapy Magazine, The Integrative Therapist, and Counseling Today.
- I am the author of two books: Culture and Identity: Life Stories for Counselors and Therapists, and Dimensions of Multicultural Counseling: A Life Story approach.
- I founded The Academy for Couples Therapists to reach a wider audience and pass on my clinical experience to the next generation of therapists.
Monthly Payment Plan
Full Annual Payment
What is the cancellation policy?
If you are a monthly subscriber, you can cancel anytime.
What is the refund policy?
If you’re not satisfied for any reason I guarantee a full refund within the first 30 days, no questions asked.
Stay Up To Date With The Latest Updates and Event Info
Designing the future with creativity and an open mind Part 1 When it comes to uncoupling, one size does not fit all. We didn’t learn this in grad school. We got some training in doing couples therapy, but most likely, we didn’t learn much about how to help couples...
The information I use in this blog has been inspired by the work of Martha Kauppi, Marty Klein, Emily Nagoski and Barry McCarthy. There comes a point in the treatment with a couple, when we have to start talking about sex. Talking about sexual issues is not the...
If you work with couples, I’m sure you’ve experienced this; You wish that a couple you are working with didn’t come back for treatment or didn’t show up for a session. You know which couples I am talking about. They don’t do their homework. They cancel at the last...
Thank You To Our Partners
Alicia Milano, Divi Full Marathon - 1st Place