Academy for Couples Therapists Blog
Welcome to the Academy for Couples Therapists Blog
This blog is for therapists who want to improve their work with couples
I decided to start a blog for several reasons:
- The world needs couples therapists now more than ever! I want to contribute to increasing the effectiveness of therapists who work with couples.
- One size does not fit all. When it comes to couples therapy we simply cannot apply the same model for all couples.
- Contemporary couples distress is a public health issue. I want to contribute, through the training of effective couples therapists, to the betterment of society.
In this blog you will find:
- Articles, tools designed to help couples therapists who want to improve their work with couples.
- Clinical vignettes. The names mentioned on the vignettes are clinical case composites without any information that could identify a couple.
If you leave your name and email address in the boxes below, you will receive these blogs as soon as they get published in your email.
If you have any questions about the blogs or any other material on this website, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
No matter what couple therapy model you use, the treatment of a couple will go through several stages. It’s important to keep in mind what stage of the treatment process the couple is going through for therapy to be more effective. Couples vary in their motivation for...
During a session with a high conflict couple, do you ever feel anxiety, frustration, sympathy for one partner? Do your clients trigger your sense of incompetence and insecurity? When you work with couples, they elicit feelings and thoughts are important to understand,...